Building A Bullet Proof Team
Like it or not, teams are here to stay. An effective team, more often than not, produces first-rate results. High-performing teams exhibit accountability, purpose, cohesiveness, and collaboration. How do you turn a dysfunctional group into a productive team? Can you make a good team better?
In all organization, people must produce products and services that are essential to customers. How well and how much they produce depends on their knowledge, skill, creativity, commitment, attitude, the technology employed and most importantly the quality of those who manage them.
Typically, people work in small groups which have common or related functions. Each person in such a group has an individual aspiration, level of skill, and attitude towards the task. Since people think, feel and respond according to their individuality, they sometimes do not consider the benefits of supporting and cooperating with others to achieve a common goal. In the workplace, some people have considerable talent, others are less skillful. Together they will not have much success until they are motivated to work towards a common goal. This is a common problem in the workplace. As such the results achieved are seldom the outcome of one individual’s talent. Each person is influenced by the attitude and action of co-workers and leaders. If the influence of the work environment is positive, a person tends to be productive. The same is true for a group of workers. When influence of teamwork is negative, both individuals and groups tend to be less productive.
This program, through various groups and individual activities, will provide opportunities for participants to explore their beliefs and values about themselves and others. They will be required to go through experiences, which have been designed to stimulate bonding between people. It builds the team, which will then become readily operational and functional when participants returned to the work site.
This Team Building Program provides benefits at two levels:
- The team becomes more efficient and powerful because of the synergy in pooling its Abilities, Knowledge, Attributes & Skills (AKAS) underlying positive attitude, interpersonal skill, thinking skill, coordination, direction, patience, perseverance & creativity.
- The team learns to work together through challenges harnessing time management, quick turn-around-time, communication skills, giving & receiving instruction and group discipline.
- Team learns and experience positive result of goal setting, effective use of time, to practice the process of task prioritizing and scheduling through deployment of the Plan, Organize, Leading, Control (POLC) cycle.
- Team gains problem solving & decision making skill through each activity performed guided by the DMAIC phases.
- Team is provided the opportunity to explore & reflect lessons learned from
- The various activities through team feedback & debrief.
- It allows for more compromise of values and prejudices between team members, and thereby creates more opportunities for consensus.
- It enhances relationship between team members and improves the team’s motivation
The Team Member and Individual
Team members gain awareness in respect of their strengths and how to capitalize them and at the same time understanding their weaknesses and how to improve them.
Through the various activities, team members will learn the following,
- Given the opportunity to lead and appreciate that to lead is also to serve
- Sharpen communication & listening skills
- Develop a positive mind-set, attitude & behaviour in managing change
- Improve personal qualities of determination, assertiveness, boldness and integrity in conduct and behaviour
At individual standing, participants is expected to:
- Think out of the Box among others,
- Promote free exchange of innovative ideas & information
- Encourage openness & respect in receiving contribution & feedback
- Manage criticism & pessimism
- Improve personal qualities of determination, assertiveness, boldness and
- Make bold changes for improvement,
- Focus on the issue and problem not the person
- Prompt removal of any obstacles hindering improvements
- Break individual mind-set
- Interpersonal and communication skills to break resistance
- Strive for a Wining Culture
- Develop team spirit and unity
- Single focus, determination and persistence
- Synergy-concerted effort and shared passion to succeed
Maintain constructive relationships
- 2 Trainers (Fluent In BM & BI)
- 2 Facilitators (To Harness Safety & Smooth Flow of Program)
- Complementary Video Shooting (DVD Moving & Still Pictures)
- Follow-Up Advisory
A blend of training techniques incorporating lectures, simulations, group dynamic sessions and role plays (Both Indoor and ourdoor activity). For each activity, an “Activity Leader” will be appointed. The purpose of appointing “Activity Leader” is to harness skills and also keep tab on,
- Receiving & giving instruction
- Individual/Team respond time
- Individual/team discipline
You will experience how to adapt and improvise to overcome different obstacles with the help of Mother Nature and a blend of team bonding activities. You must adapt to unfamiliar environment and obstacles and all the while working together and depending on one another to achieve the objective.